Our service provides support to the disabled to enable them to live independently in their own homes.
Services provided include (but are not limited to):
- Personal attendant care (which may include; dressing and undressing, personal grooming, bathing, personal hygiene, mobility and community interaction).
- Household management (which may include; laundry, vacuuming, dusting, bed making, meal preparation and shopping).
- Professional appointments (specialist and/or GP, blood tests and X-ray appointments.
Support workers and clients are allocated geographically. Each of our clients receive an initial consultation and introduction with their support worker before any work commences and whanau support is encouraged. Our support workers are trained to a national standard, hold current First Aid certificates and sign a privacy and confidentiality agreement. We support the rights of individuals and ensure dignity and respect is kept at all times.
Who provides this service?
Te Hiku Hauora Home Support Team
Ph 09 408 4024
Where is this service located?
Te Hiku Hauora
49 Redan Rd, Kaitaia
How much does this service cost?
Who is this service for?
Those who have a physical, psychiatric, intellectual or sensory disability.
The disability must:
- Be likely to continue for at least six months
- Limit your ability to function independently, to the extent that ongoing support is required
- Your family, whanau or carer
- Your GP or health professional
- Someone from a disability or community organisation
- Clinical staff on discharge from hospital, for short-term supports.
*Private disabled support is available upon application.