Dispensing Prescribed Medicines
We dispense your prescription according to the professional requirements required by the Ministry of Health, Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand, the subsidy requirements of the Pharmaceutical Schedule and our contract with the Health Funding Agency.
- Prescribed medicines. You need to provide us with the prescription from your doctor, dentist, midwife or nurse prescriber to receive prescription medicines from us.
- We maintain a medication profile, keeping a list of medicines you have been prescribed in our files.
- Professional advice about the medicines you have been prescribed.
- For you safety, we have an obligation to report any findings about your medicine to your prescriber, your doctor, dentist or midwife. This will be done in a confidential manner.
We offer affordable Blister Packs.
If you are unable to come in to the pharmacy to collect your medicines, we will deliver your prescription for you. There may be a charge for this service, however, due to safety reasons, we will not leave medicines at your home if nobody is home.
Free local delivery in Kaitaia within 5 km radius.
There is a charge for rural delivery
We provide professional advice about the medicines you have been prescribed and on over-the-counter medication.
- Directions for safe and effective use of your medicine.
- Advice about managing side effects from your medicine.
- The correct storage requirements for your medicine and disposal of unused medicine.
- The expected outcome of your therapy.
- If you wish to ask us about your medicines, call us or contact us by email.