This service provides a free 24 week physical activity and nutrition programme for people with/ at risk of heart disease, diabetes and obesity.
The participants come together as a group over this period to share experiences, attend and participate in activities, and identify ongoing strategies that they can implement in the future.
Join our 24 week programme and receive:
- Nutrition and physical activity workshops
- Participating in community-based physical activity events promoted by Te Hiku Hauora
- Improving wellbeing and health through lifelong nutrition and increased physical activity.
- Limited spaces available
Who provides this service?
Te Hiku Hauora Health Promotion Team
Ph 09 408 4024
Where is this service located?
Te Hiku Hauora
49 Redan Rd, Kaitaia
How much does this service cost?
Who is this service for?
- Criteria for entry onto the programme is through a referral from the participants GP. Participants will have been identified through their GP as being at risk of CVD and/or diabetes.
- Participants will need to be mobile as all participants will be encouraged to achieve at least 60 minutes of moderate aerobic physical activity on most days.
- Whanau, hapu, iwi members
- GP or practice nurse
- Other health providers